It happened between USA and USSR in 1945 -90 and it referred as cold warWhy was it called the Cold War? Click To Tweet
During World War II, the United States, and the Soviet Union fought together as allies against the axis power. However, the relationship between was a tense one. Americans had long been wary about soviet communism and Russian leader Joseph Stalin’s ruler of his country.
REASONS FOR COLD WARWhat caused the Cold War? Click To Tweet
- The 1st world had earlier shaken the World War 1 1914 to 1918.
- 2nd world war, 1939 to 1945 between the two groups allied group lead by America. Soviet Union, France and Britain defeated by other group lead by Germany, japan and Italy.
- US dropped two atomic bomb on japan on 6 Aug and 9 Aug.
- The attacked on japan was only for the purpose that US show USSR his power that we are the supreme nation of the world.
- After that world war started between the American and USSR. America was in favor of capitalism while USSR was in favor of socialism …USSR believed that socialism is much better from capitalism.
- Capitalism allow free market and Government don’t interfere in it while socialism do not allow free market and Government interfere in it.
- After this logic of deterrence created because after world war both countries have their own nuclear power if the war started so both will be hardly effected due to which it is impossible to say that this is winner.
POLICY OF CONTAINMENT
The cold war started in Europe from 1945 to 1953. The USSR expanded its influence by creating eastern blocks like Poland Czechoslovakia and Hungry. Stalin set up puppet communism that he could control. He would press everyone who show resistance.
In response to this, the USA began to meddle in the affairs of the international where it feared the communist regime would gain control. This becomes known as the policy of containment.
In the 1950s the competition had spread to Latin America Middle East and Asia through which both sides want to establish control. By the 1960s the cold war reached Africa where many colonies take independence from European countries (decolonization).
These new nations sided with the Americans and soviet unions for economic and military aid. Both the nation is in favor and support dictatorship that come to violence and suppress their societies. All to gain in the edge of the cold war.
Some of the coldest wars took place in Asia. The communists took the region of China in 1949 and Americans feared other countries could soon follow.
In 1953 Korea was divided into two different regions the one is the pure communist Government in the north while the American leading Government in the south. To contain the spread of communism in Korea Americans sent troops. the Chinese Government sent their own troops on the border that killed 5 million people and at last war ended on a stalemate, leaving a divided Korea that is present today.How did Cold War start and end? Click To Tweet
Cold war usually took place without any face-to-face explosions and fighting it is usually in between two countries just too weak their partner in every perspective economically, military.